HOW TO HANDLE FINANCES IN A RELATIONSHIP.
1. Open a joint account;having a unified goal for savings as a couple is a form of self love for your
relationship,could be saving for a holiday,school fees,retirement or business.
2. Your partner should know how much debt you have;this includes the little amount you get from
apps that lends money or any loan you acquired from any sacco or bank.
3. Have weekly financial meetings; this is crucial to both of you because it helps you review your
asccounts,your spending plan and what is coming up in the next weeks inorder to budget for it.
4. Come up with a plan to meet your goal;after this you need a plan to get to your goal, know how
much you can save,decide on whether yyou want to cut on your spending and know how long
you want to come up with the money you saving.
5. Stay positive and be honest;remember that you are a team,you have same goals and you asre
not competing with each other.
6. Develop a system for finances that wworks for both you and your partner;inorder to put your
financial plan into action,you will need to figure out how you are going to pay your bills,pay
debt,deposit into savings and setting aside money for your day to day spending,you and your
partner should both be involved to find out what works best for you.
7. Remove emotions from financial talk;untangle any emotions ,insecurities and deal with the
financial goals and habits,do not use inflammatory language or accusatory .do not blame hyour
partner if work is not doing good or you have not met your saving goals.Also don’t feel attacked
when your partner speak about your habits,always remember that the goal is to save for a
better future with your partner not to fight.Think of it as a teamwork and efforts.