Diamond Platnumz Biography , Songs ,Dead Or Alive, Family Life, Quick Facts
Naseeb Abdul Juma, popularly known by his stage name Diamond Platnumz, is a Tanzanian-born Bongo Flava recording artist and singer best known for his hit song Number One which featured Nigerian artiste Davido.
Diamond Platnumz: Biography
Born at Amana hospital in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania on October 2, 1989, Diamond who is regarded as one of Africa’s Leading and most Influential Artists, grew up at his grandmother’s house in the western part of Tandale. His real name is Naseeb Abdul Juma.
The Tanzanian star, Diamond Platnumz, also known as Chibu Dangote, grew up as his mother’s only child. With his father not being in the picture, his mum and grandmother were forced to rent out part of the rooms in their house in order to help fend for their daily needs as well as pay their bills.
Diamond started his educational career by first attending Chakula Bora Nursery School in 1995 after which he went to Tandale Magharibi in 1996 where he graduated from in 2002.
Interestingly, Naseeb began showing interest in music while he was still in standard five. He took up singing and imitating local and international artists at every given opportunity.
His mum also contributed by buying albums of different artists for him. Sometimes, she also took him out to different talent shows and most importantly, assisted him in writing the music lyrics in a way he can easily sing them.
Though family members largely criticized her actions based on their perception of music as a waste of time, Naseeb’s mother continued showering him with full support in the pursuit of his dreams as a musician up until after he completed his secondary education and started his music career officially.
Life as an artist was never rosy for Diamond as many would have thought. The star had a very hard time trying to fit into the industry. He was forced to do casual works like selling fairly used clothes, freelancing and even become a filling station attendant among many other jobs just to raise money for a studio session in 2007.
After much effort, Diamond successfully released his first single ‘Nenda Kamwambie‘ with the financial support of Msafiri Peter aka Papaa Misifa who helped to nurture his talent.
Dead or Alive
At the time of writing this article, Diamond Platnumz is strong, healthy, alive and kicking. The singer’s health and questions on if he is still living or dead were dragged to the spotlight in February 2018 when it was rumoured that he had passed on.
At first, most of his fans and music lovers believed the bogus report but the singer, in what was seen as an attempt to dispel rumours of his death at the time took to his Instagram page to wish his mother well in Swahili.
Not only is Diamond a talented singer, he is also a talented father and partner. Though not yet officially married, the popular singer was in a strong relationship with his Ugandan socialite girlfriend Zari Hassan, who is also London educated with a Diploma in Cosmetology – she is now a South African based entrepreneur and owns a tertiary college and cosmetics shop.
The multiple award-winning singer and his then-girlfriend share two children. Their daughter, Latifah, is also known as Tiffer Dangote. Prior to her birth on August 6, 2015, Diamond and his pretty queen Zari posted half-nude shots as they counted down to the delivery.
He also has a separate Instagram account where he shares beautiful pictures of himself and his family. Zari, the mother of his two children, is also a mother of two boys whom she had from a previous marriage.
Diamond and the boss lady (as she calls herself) officially separated in February 2018.
Currently Diamond Platnumz has professed love for his Kenyan girl Tanasha Donna saying he will never cheat on her.The Jibebe hit maker used lyrics from his touchy song Ntampata Wapi to make his true intentions for Donna known after he postponed their wedding that was to take place on February 14, Valentine’s Day.
His comments come days after Donna disclosed during a question and answer session with her followers that she has no intention of converting to her lover’s religion when the wedding kicks in.
Diamond Platinum Songs February 2019
1. Mwanza – Diamond Platinumz &Ravanny
2. Navy Kenzo Feat. Katika Official Video
3. Ft Rayvanny Iyena Official Music Video
4. Flavour Time To Party Feat. Official Video
5. Sikomi Official Video
6. Ft Rayvanny Salome Traditional Official Music Video
7. Eneka Official Video
8. Ntampata Wapi Official Video Hd
9. Flavour Time To Party Ft.
10. Ft Miri Benari Baila Official Music Video
11. Marry You Ft. Neyo
12. Ft P’square Kidogo Official Video
13. Ft Khadija Kopa Nasema Nawe
14. Morgan Heritage Africa X Jamaica Feat. & Stonebwoy Official Music Video
15. I Miss You Official Video
16. Ft Rick Ross Waka Official Video
17. Utanipenda Lyric With English Translation Video
18. Mr Flavour Nana
19. Mbagala Official Video
20. Ay Feat. Zigo Remix Official Music Video
21. Mawazo Official Video
22. Aka & Make Me Sing Official Video
23. Ft Tiwa Savage Fire Official Video
24. Ft Morgan Heritage Hallelujah Official Video
25. Ft Chris Brown Flashin Official Music Video
26. Nitarejea Official Video
27. Moyo Wangu Official Video
28. Patoranking Love You Die Official Video Ft.
29. Wcb Wasafi Ft X Lava Lava X Mbosso Official Audio
30. Mdogo Mdogo Official Video
31. Jah Prayzah Ft. Watora Mari Official Video
32. Iyo Loving You Ft. Official Video
33. Pamela Official Audio
34. Baikoko Official Audio
35. X Lil Wayne Soon Music Video Announcement
36. Akothee Sweet Love Ft Official Video
37. Nikuone Official Audio
1. Diamond became very popular after the release of his hit song ‘Number One’ which earned him a nomination at the BET Awards.
2. He performed at the Big Brother Africa 7 eviction show in May 2012 and was labelled the most loved and decorated Tanzanian artist at the moment who also has the highest selling Tanzanian artist of ringtones by mobile phone companies in 2013.
3. As if that was not enough, Diamond was named among the artists earning the highest income in the African Great Lakes region’s music industry.
4. Diamond had won for himself, close to 15 awards at Tanzania Music Awards ceremonies held between 2010 and 2014.
5. In May 3, 2014, Diamond Platnumz broke a new record at the Tanzania Music Awards by winning 7 awards, including Best Male Writer, Best Male Artist, Best Song Writer and Best Male Entertainer of the Year.
6. The previous record was set by 20%, a recording artist who walked away with 5 awards at the 2011 Tanzania Music Awards. Prior to 20%’s accomplishments, Diamond held the record for winning 3 awards at the 2010 Tanzania music awards.
7. In 2015, the singer emerged the victor in the Worldwide Act: Africa/India category at the MTV Europe Music Awards, held in Milan.
8. He was a top winner at the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) held in Nigeria in November 2015.
9. The Tanzanian bongo flava recording artist is a Muslim.
10. Ever since his emergence in the music industry in 2009, Diamond has collaborated with many notable artists, including Nigerian musicians Davido, Iyanya, Waje, Bracket, Flavour N’abania, P-Square, Tiwa Savage, and Patoranking. Others are music powerhouses Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, and Omarion.
11. His net worth is reportedly $10 million.
12. The name of his record label is WCB (Wasafi Classic Baby).
13. The singer is also a brand ambassador for multinational companies like Vodacom, Pepsi, DSTV and Red Gold.